Wednesday, June 13, 2012
- Secret Knitting #1
- Secret Knitting #2
- Angostura - no love this week. Hoping to get to it later this week. Needs to be done by 6/27 & a pic posted by 6/29 to be eligible for Camp Loopy.
- TKGASS May/June - have until the 20th to ship this out! Freaked out and thought it was the 10th. Not late! Yay! :)
Nothing for me, but don’t forget to post pictures of YOUR finished objects in the FOs for June thread in the Ravelry group! You’ll be entered to win a skein of Fiesta Yarns Baby Boom in Spring Chill colorway!
- Color Affection - I really want to start this, but I need to finish the sample/test knit and my afghan square first.
- Camp Loopy Project #2. Thin Ice in Tempted Yarns Good Grrl in Emergency. Because Thin Ice is a popular pattern this round Laura posted on plurk that she’s offering 15% off all of her patterns until June 23rd with the code camploopyrocks. Order your yarn from The Loopy Ewe through June 17 to get 20% off the yarn for your next Camp Loopy Project. 6/27-7/27
- So, I pulled out the drop spindle and started messing around with it, and I think it finally clicked! I still have a little bit of a rough time when I first get started, but then I’m back in business. My spindle comes from Highland Handmades, and the fiber I’m currently spinning is GnomeAcres 100% Corriedale in Polyjuice Potion. The next fiber on my spindle will be one of the braids I bought from HH right after I got my spindle... not sure which one yet.
- Special thank you to Dawn from Wolfe Farms for spinning my Loop batt! :D You better take it easy on your ankle, though!
- Squee! I was mentioned on The Fat Squirrel’s latest episode! Amy Beth, you should definitely knit Goodale!
- Yay! I won! Check out the hotpinksocks Reviews blog. Stephanie reviews yarn and other knittng paraphenalia, and then she gives something away! I won a skein of Wandering Wool sock yarn in the Cranberry Bog colorway
- Snappy Stitches with Chrissy, host of the former Manic Purl podcast.
- Kids’ corner - Hi, Jakey, Sean & Claire! :)
- Did you miss out on the Ravelry Anniversary bags? Are you dying for a Bob measuring tape? Leave a comment with your favorite thing about the new format, or suggestions for better segment titles, or whatever you feel you’d like to share with me on the contest thread in the Ravelry group, and you’ll be entered to win your very own bag & measuring tape. Contest closes 6/27/12 when I record the podcast. Must be a member of the group to win.
Find me on Ravelry as knitpsycho, and join the ravelry group.
I’m on plurk as hellolovely. Also, twitter, but I don’t use it that much anymore.
Email me at hello dot lovely at gmail dot com.
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
View EPisode 7 here!
- Secret knitting
- Spinning at the Winery
- Black Diamond Alpacas fingering weight yarn in Dark PInk, Calypso, and Sour Apple
- Color Affection w/ my BDA yarn
ON MY KINDLE
- Fifty Shades Trilogy Bundle: Fifty Shades of Grey; Fifty Shades Darker; Fifty Shades Freed
- How to Eat a Cupcake: A Novel
- The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D.: A Novel
- Gone Girl: A Novel
- Shadow and Bone (Grisha Trilogy)
June FO thread - yarny prize is a skein of Fiesta Yarns Baby Boom in Spring Chill
May FO Prize Drawing - CONGRATS, Winner!
I don't think I showed the drawing number, so I did a screen shot & posted it below: